Old 14-06-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Greenhouse control of aphids

On 13/6/06 23:29, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes

snip

Ray says Cryptolaemus works but isn't *quite* as good as some of the other
predators he uses. However, he says also that the greenhouse needs to be
warm when it's introduced and that the best time to do that is in the
evening.

If that's the raggedy white thing, I didn't do very well with it when I
tried last year. Maybe I should give another try. Difficult - if it's
the odd mealy bug, a cocktail stick is adequate, but when it gets too
bad for that, I think it's a bit too much for the predator to get to
grips with too.

There's another predator called Hypoapsis which we haven't tried but you
might like to give it a go. Have a look at this site to see if it's any use
to you:
http://www.greengardener.co.uk/mealy.htm

--
Sacha