Old 14-06-2006, 08:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
unknown

Default New Lawn Mower Opinion?

I own a super recycler, and have used it heavily for a year. It is really
well made, extreemly manuverable and it has started on the first pull each
time. With the 5 year top to bottom warranty it is a very good choice. If
mine were stolen or whatever I would just go get one just like it without
looking at anything else.
Happy mowing.
"Stubby" wrote in message
. ..
Consider that Sears only guarantees the availability of repair parts for
one year now.

Lou Leciejewski wrote:
I am looking to buy a new lawn mower and would appreciate opinions on
SEARS Craftsman vs Toro. For the SEARS I am looking at the Craftsman
Model 37073 that is a bagging, mulcher and side discharge mower witb the
"Z Start" (30% easier start). For the Toro, I am looking at the Super
Recycler Model 20056 that, like the Craftsman, is a mulcher, bagger and
side discharge mower. These Super Recyclers have the 5 year warranty and
the Sears Craftsman has 2 years. The Toro Super Recyclers are at $500 and
the Sears at approximately $379. The Toro Super Recyclers seem to be
available only thru Toro dealers. Lastly, since I am getting older I was
wondering about the electric start option for either of the above mowers.
I assume that electric key start means there is a battery and I wonder
how long they last and how much to replace. I also think that since it is
elelctric start, the pull start on the mower (in case the battery is
dead) is much harder to start than if I just go with the Z Start or Toro
Easy Pull that is guaranteed to start on one or two easy pulls.

I appreciate any opinions regarding these two mowers. Thnaks in advance!
Lou