Old 14-06-2006, 11:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mack

Default New Lawn Mower Opinion?

Honda also. Mine is 2 years old now & still starts on the first pull.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 01:35:59 -0000, Lou Leciejewski
wrote:

I am looking to buy a new lawn mower and would appreciate opinions on
SEARS Craftsman vs Toro. For the SEARS I am looking at the Craftsman
Model 37073 that is a bagging, mulcher and side discharge mower witb
the "Z Start" (30% easier start). For the Toro, I am looking at the
Super Recycler Model 20056 that, like the Craftsman, is a mulcher,
bagger and side discharge mower. These Super Recyclers have the 5 year
warranty and the Sears Craftsman has 2 years. The Toro Super Recyclers
are at $500 and the Sears at approximately $379. The Toro Super
Recyclers seem to be available only thru Toro dealers.

Lastly, since I am getting older I was wondering about the electric
start option for either of the above mowers. I assume that electric key
start means there is a battery and I wonder how long they last and how
much to replace. I also think that since it is elelctric start, the
pull start on the mower (in case the battery is dead) is much harder to
start than if I just go with the Z Start or Toro Easy Pull that is
guaranteed to start on one or two easy pulls.

I appreciate any opinions regarding these two mowers. Thnaks in
advance!

Lou