Old 15-06-2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Default Gold Fish restate question

Hard to say s ince I can not see the screen from here. Depends on the
size screen you have, and also how far away the screen is postioned
form the suction of the pump also plays a part.

Just what is the rush to remove the screen? I assume its getting
blocked by debri etc. How big is the intake openings in the pump
itself? Personally I woud not be in a rush to remove the screen as
even decent sized fish 1 or two inches can and do get sucked into a
pump intake. It does not take much to suck a fish of 1/2" l;ength
into any decent pump intake.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 20:38:21 GMT, keith_nuttle
wrote:

I am trying to determine how many days it will take the fry to reach a
size that they will no longer go through the screen that keeps the fish
out of the pump. I believe they are about ten days old and appear to be
about 1/2 inch.

The pond is about 1500 gallons, and the water was changed just be for
the fish spanned. I have four adult fish in the pond about 4" long.

keith_nuttle wrote:

The gold fish laid eggs and now we have many little new gold fish. Can
anyone tell me how fast these fish grow? Can someone relate the age of
the fish to their length? ie. 1/2" 1ST week etc.

I believe the eggs were laid about the 1st of June. They are now about
1/2" long.