Old 15-06-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Diminishing rose colour query

On 15/6/06 16:34, in article
,
" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
We have a fairly mature Mme. Isaac Pereire rose on an arch in the nursery.
This year we have noticed that its colour and scent are much more subdued
than in all the previous years. Normally, this rose is an eye searingly
gorgeous pink and has a scent that knocks you flying.
Has anyone else experienced this with this rose or, indeed, any other?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I have a climbing rose that I swear used to have red flowers but I
moved it and now they're pink :-) I wonder if it's anything to do with
the drought :-p

Could be that and could be different soil, perhaps? I think most gardeners
have experienced the old "I moved it three feet and it flourished (or died)"
syndrome.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk