Old 16-06-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Barrett

Default soluble lawn feed

George.com wrote:
"Rob Barrett" wrote in message
I recently fed my lawn with a soluble lawn feed
...snip...
What should I do to avoid this problem next time? More dilute? Invest
in a spray attachment for the hose? Switch to a dry feed like Growmore?

Either as you suggested, 1/2 the strength and double back over the lawn area
or switch to a good organic dry fertiliser. Better still, water with a
liquid fertiliser when the ground is moist as that will help the fertiliser
soak in.

Thanks for the tips -- any suggestions on what constitutes "a good
organic dry fertiliser"?

Rob