Old 16-02-2003, 01:27 AM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Pruning Fruit Trees

Tiffany

If you make a mistake with the targets on the plum and peach trees the
symplast will not last very long. They respond to pruning internally
differently than apples. I have dissected peach trees and this is very
obvious. Again, the PRUNING GUIDE by SHIGO and MODERN ARBORICULTURE is your
best bet. Maybe your library has them? If not they can ordeer them for
you.

--
Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Tree Biologist
www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!

"Tiffany" wrote in message
.. .
I have the following trees...Peach, Apricot, Nectarine, Plum, cherry, 3
apple, a pear,plumcot and a pluott. They have been in the ground for one
year..so I am tying to figure out how to train them into their proper
shape..thanks again
Tsu Dho Nimh wrote in message
"Tiffany" wrote:

hello does anyone have any good information on Pruning Fruit Trees?

thanks

What kind of fruit trees?

If you prune them the wrong way, you will not get any fruit.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both