Old 16-06-2006, 06:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
RB

Default deck v belt issue

Got a challenge for you tractor and mower gurus.

We have an RZT50 Cub Cadet mower that uses an MTD belt, p/n 954-04044. This
belt sells for approx $35-40. This belt measures approx 133" outside
diameter.

The one that was on there broke, the other day. None of my local lawn mower
shops or auto parts places had a reference to this belt. Nor could they
match it when I took it in. The only way I could get it was to have our Cub
Cadet service center order one.

Granted the ends are jagged, but it measures approx 132".

I'm now trying to find a standard belt that costs less, and is available.

There are A-128s, A-133s, and A-135s that are standard, and they cost approx
$6ea.

How do I cross the MTD belt p/n to a standard belt so I can get them at my
local NAPA store? Should I just try using an A-133 and see if it works? We
have a slop factor which the idler arm can accommodate.