Old 16-06-2006, 06:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ee

Default deck v belt issue

"RB" wrote in message
. ..
Got a challenge for you tractor and mower gurus.

We have an RZT50 Cub Cadet mower that uses an MTD belt, p/n 954-04044.

This
belt sells for approx $35-40. This belt measures approx 133" outside
diameter.

The one that was on there broke, the other day. None of my local lawn

mower
shops or auto parts places had a reference to this belt. Nor could they
match it when I took it in. The only way I could get it was to have our

Cub
Cadet service center order one.

Granted the ends are jagged, but it measures approx 132".

I'm now trying to find a standard belt that costs less, and is available.

There are A-128s, A-133s, and A-135s that are standard, and they cost

approx
$6ea.

How do I cross the MTD belt p/n to a standard belt so I can get them at my
local NAPA store? Should I just try using an A-133 and see if it works?

We
have a slop factor which the idler arm can accommodate.

Just take the belt in to an Auto Parts Store (NAPA, CarQuest, Etc) and they
will match it with an 'in house' brand or suitable substitute that will fit.