Old 17-06-2006, 02:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default deck v belt issue

"RB" wrote in message
. ..
Just broke a belt on our church Cub Cadet RZT 50. .......". I know
that's not the actual measurement, because the ends are jagged.

snip
We have approx 8 acres of somewhat rough terrain, so belts will get torn
up, no doubt. I maintain the mowers and do the mowing, volunteer.

Not sure what you call "rough terrain" - and how many hours does this Z have
on it ?
Are you brush hogging with it ? It sounds like a relatively new machine and
lawn, and I would be trying to figure out why it is tearing up belts .
I cut small sumacs and briar patches with my machines on really rough
terrain (for years) and can only think of 2 mower deck belts I've replaced
on my old machines.