Old 17-06-2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Default green sediment

Yea right bimbo. You do not have a clue. The green stuff in your pond
is from when you brush your teeth.

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:17:35 -0500, Köi-Lö ¤1¤ôx@ôÜ1Ô.ôôô wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"fire fly" wrote in message
I have a 1000litre pond with uv filter and 2 fountains (one solar) the pond
is overshadowed by two trees but does get direct sunlight for about 4 hours
a day. The water is relatively clear but the bottom of the pound, the pipes
and even the weed are covered with green sediment. How can I get rid of it?

I have the same thing in my ponds which are filtered and aerated. This
sediment is natural. You didn't mention fish and other pond life. All
these critters add to the load of sediment. There are products on the
market that claim to break these sediments down. You may choose to try one.