Old 17-06-2006, 12:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
fire fly

Default green sediment

I have a 1000litre pond with uv filter and 2 fountains (one solar) the pond
is overshadowed by two trees but does get direct sunlight for about 4 hours
a day. The water is relatively clear but the bottom of the pound, the pipes
and even the weed are covered with green sediment. How can I get rid of it?

Old 17-06-2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.ponds

if you have fish, you dont. this is normal. if you dont have fish and want nothing
living in the water at all, you can either use chemicals like for a swimming pool or
use an ozonator. Ingrid

"fire fly" wrote:

I have a 1000litre pond with uv filter and 2 fountains (one solar) the pond
is overshadowed by two trees but does get direct sunlight for about 4 hours
a day. The water is relatively clear but the bottom of the pound, the pipes
and even the weed are covered with green sediment. How can I get rid of it?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan
Old 17-06-2006, 02:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"fire fly" wrote in message
I have a 1000litre pond with uv filter and 2 fountains (one solar) the pond
is overshadowed by two trees but does get direct sunlight for about 4 hours
a day. The water is relatively clear but the bottom of the pound, the pipes
and even the weed are covered with green sediment. How can I get rid of it?

======================
I have the same thing in my ponds which are filtered and aerated. This
sediment is natural. You didn't mention fish and other pond life. All
these critters add to the load of sediment. There are products on the
market that claim to break these sediments down. You may choose to try one.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-06-2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:00:12 +0100, "fire fly"
wrote:

I have a 1000litre pond with uv filter and 2 fountains (one solar) the pond
is overshadowed by two trees but does get direct sunlight for about 4 hours
a day. The water is relatively clear but the bottom of the pound, the pipes
and even the weed are covered with green sediment. How can I get rid of it?

Your description leads me to think it may be dead or dying green
algae, the kind that turns ponds green, as opposed to the kind that
grows on the sides and bottom of fish ponds. ( Just my guess, I can't
see the pond or weed very well from here.)

Do you have a mechanical filter or biofilter? Biofilters are
often clogged by this kind of algae and have to be cleaned more often
during that period of algae bloom.

If you have no filter, get a wet/dry shop vac and get the dead algae
off the bottom or it will decay and produce nutrients for another
algae bloom.

Regards,

Hal
Old 17-06-2006, 02:58 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Yea right bimbo. You do not have a clue. The green stuff in your pond
is from when you brush your teeth.

Old 18-06-2006, 06:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 09:09:20 +0100, "fire fly"
wrote:

Thanks for your good advice Hal, but what a weird NG

Just as we filter our ponds, so do we filter the debris from rec.ponds.
Filter and/or ignore it. ~ jan
-----------------
Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Old 18-06-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Oh, hahahahahahahaha Jan made a funny.....hahahahahahaha

There relalay would not be any need for any filters on a forum free of
CArol Gulley. Think about it. How many used filters prior to Carol
Gulley aka koi lo jihad came to town.

Old 18-06-2006, 06:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

There relalay would not be any need for any filters on a forum free of
CArol Gulley. Think about it. How many used filters prior to Carol
Gulley aka koi lo jihad came to town.

Well actually, and I squirm defending her, but she posted here for years
without us having to filter her nyms.

Unfortunately she POed the wrong people, or the wrong people have been
hoodwinked into thinking she wronged them when actually they're being used
as pawns perhaps? Why anyone would continue to take the abuse those wrong
people toss at her here, is beyond my logic.... but then it is also beyond
my logic why anyone would waste their precious time of this earth
net-stalking anyone.

Off to filter this latest nym. ~ jan
-----------------

Old 18-06-2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
NewPonder

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:47:47 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:

There relalay would not be any need for any filters on a forum free of
CArol Gulley. Think about it. How many used filters prior to Carol
Gulley aka koi lo jihad came to town.

Well actually, and I squirm defending her, but she posted here for years
without us having to filter her nyms.

And anyone who does defend her actions should squirm, as in a way they
are defending her actions

Unfortunately she POed the wrong people, or the wrong people have been
hoodwinked into thinking she wronged them when actually they're being used
as pawns perhaps?

Exactly but I doubt seriously there are any pawns. I know your not
interested, but google searches on many of the nyms carol has used
from years back up till today sure do reveal a lot of interesting
perverted and kooky crap about her and her ways and train of
thought......She is one sick cookie.

Why anyone would continue to take the abuse those wrong
people toss at her here, is beyond my logic....

Because she gets off on it, She is an attention whore, just like a
whipped on pussy cat is pleased for any and all attention it gets even
if it means an ass whopping.......She could also be into S & M as
well....you do know what that stands for I presume.

but then it is also beyond
my logic why anyone would waste their precious time of this earth
net-stalking anyone.

Its certainly not net stalking, look up that definition. Some folks
justs are tired of her crap and will make it know to any and all what
type of person she is so its not a problem for them at all to keep
folks abreast / ****ed off or what have you in regards to Carol Gulley
who is only concerned with her own needs and desires, contrary to what
she says about being concerned about erse groups welfare. Just reading
a few of her posts she has basically commited these forums to the
trash heap and she and her sock pupets think they have suceeded in
their overall goal of trashing all that do not agree with her....Trust
me, Carolo dissapears, so does 99.99% of off topic crap and the groups
would return to former order in no time......Carols vindictive nature
is whats ruing these groups, no one else but her and her
socks.....like Ed Alston, who has never posted in the pond forum until
CArol drug him in from the other aquaria groups since he thought it
was not nice picking on a granny....but he soon overloaded his ass and
got booted all over Carol s bullshit.....yet, how many that are
accused of being trolls are stil posting away, unchastised by their
ISP's.......only because they are not viewed as trolls like Carol is
by their ISP's. Its freedom of speech, and flame wars and trolling is
not considered abuse on usenet, but what carol and her socks do is
considered bad practice, hence they get booted...Threats, forged
headers etc are all justifiable means of being booted. She can accuse
me and others of forging headers but she is just as wrong as she is
stupid. Nyms do not quality as a forgedheader as she would like you to
believe, nor is anyone a bona fide owner of a nym on usenet......

Sop now yu have another nym to killfilter if yu read this post. but
ferar not, I wonlt use it or the other again so don;t get wrapped up
in filtering it. Answer me this Jan. Hav ey9 seen all the so called
malicious stuff with the so called software that supposedly being run
doing any damages as CArol and her socks and remailers woud have you
believe is beiunbg done. NO, the only ones any one is paying
attention to with any of that software is Carol and her socks and
folks that want throw their dog into the fight..

Old 19-06-2006, 12:39 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

I know your not interested......She is one sick cookie.

You're right on the first count, and the 2nd....

Because she gets off on it,

.... I'm must admit, may be right, kind of like self-flagellation perhaps?
In such a case she deserves your pity, not your scorn.

Its certainly not net stalking, look up that definition.

"Stalking: the act of willfully and repeatedly following or harassing
another person in circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to
fear injury or death esp. because of express or implied threats; broadly :
a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves
no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that
person "

If you're not a ponder, you've followed her here, definitely harassed her,
and if Carol was a reasonable person, she should feel threaten, imo.

I don't know about her, but those who inflict the profanity and nasty
comments her way, certainly alarm, annoy & intimidate the rest of us.

Call it what you may, a rose by any other name and all that, it is still
time wasted.

Some folks justs are tired of her crap

If so, these "some folks" ought to go to moderated forums.... in the
meantime, lets speak for ourselves and not be swayed by some folks.

Sop now yu have another nym to killfilter if yu read this post. but
ferar not, I wonlt use it or the other again so don;t get wrapped up
in filtering it.

At first I didn't know who I was talking to, but the above typing looks to
be Roy's? What you don't seem to get, is the ponders HERE, HAVE
killfiltered her nym(s), the only person who hasn't is YOU and the
occasional naive newbie that wanders in.

If you much continue being Don Quixote, at least direct your scorn at the
person you're ticked at and not legit ponders new to RP. They'll figure out
real quick who to kill filter. ~ jan

-----------------

Old 19-06-2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal

wrote:

Thanks for your good advice Hal,

You are most welcome and I hope you get the mystery ironed out.
There were several different views about your original post, and I'd
be interested to hear how you resolved the problem.

Regards,

Hal

Aquatic plant sediment test [email protected] Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 12-06-2007 08:09 PM
Sediment in Pond Paul Ponds 12 14-07-2004 10:07 PM
green green pond of home willsniffer United Kingdom 18 12-09-2003 05:03 PM
How effective the vortex sediment chamber ? Khoa Tran Ponds 1 02-07-2003 09:45 PM
THE GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME ? Ian Sawers Lawns 0 02-04-2003 02:32 PM