Old 17-06-2006, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jane

Default Advice on taking on an allotment required

"Jason" wrote
I'm on a waiting list for an allotment plot but have no experience of
growing fruit / veg. Can anyone recommend a couple of books that may give
me a few pointers on how to get started.

I've just taken on an allotment after being on a waiting list for over 3
years. My first stop was to my local library, where I borrowed loads of
books on allotments and veggie growing. I also trolled charity shops and
got some great bargains. B&Q sell a series of gardening books, one of which
is on veggie growing.