Old 18-06-2006, 05:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default holly bushes that I'd like to propagate.

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:12:44 -0400, " Netter"
wrote:

I have some holly bushes that I'd like to propagate.

How and when can I do that?

Thanks

You might be successful taking hardwood cuttings, but my father showed
me another way. Dig a trench about 2-3" deep, a foot or two long,
pull down a limb into the trench, make a few scratches into the bark,
weight with a stone, and cover it up. Do 3 or 4 branches. The
next year check for roots then relocate the rooted branch to a
prepared hole in a sunny area. I found this method to be 70-80%
successful.