Old 18-06-2006, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default Snails : Pests or Pal ?

michael adams wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
di7ip wrote:

They aren't pals. Find them, and smash them to bits, a large
forged steel hammer is just about adequate [...]

My wife never listens to a word I say, or treats everything I
say with utter contempt, and laughs behind my back.

My children never listen to a word I say, or treat everything I
say with utter contempt, and laugh behind my back.

My boss never listens to a word I say, or treats everything I
say with utter contempt, and laughs behind my back.

My colleagues at work never listen to a word I say, or treat
everything I say with utter contempt, and laugh behind my back.

My mates down the pub never listen to a word I say, or treat
everything I say with utter contempt, and laugh behind my back.

My cat wakes itself from slumber and immediately leaves any room
that I happen to walk into.

My dog stops wagging his tail at the very sound of my approach.

But Hey - don't get mad get even !

That's bad luck, Mr. Adams. I hope your situation resolves itself
in due course, the above must mean a great deal to you. Perhaps you
take things too seriously?

Try smashing up some snails with a hammer !

Good idea. Buy a big hammer. If you can't swing it, buy a body-
building course.

Apologies to you if I've mis-read your intent, by the way!