Old 18-06-2006, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Floppy Blue Geranium Bushes. What do?

On 18/6/06 18:54, in article , "Ellie Bentley"
wrote:

Two years ago a friend gave me half a dozen small blue geranium
clusters, each about 5" tall and the root-cluster about 1" wide.
Well, they certainly love the acid soil of western Mid Wales. This year
they are all about 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide. The trouble is that
they because of this "bigness" they are all flopping over - they don't
seem able to support themselves, despite having ample water.

Is this normal? Should I be cutting off the tumbling excess? If so,
how close to the ground should I cut?

Any or all advice appreciated.

Do you know which it is? Some do 'flop' more than others and are intended
to do so.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk