Old 18-06-2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ellie Bentley

Default Floppy Blue Geranium Bushes. What do?

Two years ago a friend gave me half a dozen small blue geranium
clusters, each about 5" tall and the root-cluster about 1" wide.
Well, they certainly love the acid soil of western Mid Wales. This year
they are all about 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide. The trouble is that
they because of this "bigness" they are all flopping over - they don't
seem able to support themselves, despite having ample water.

Is this normal? Should I be cutting off the tumbling excess? If so,
how close to the ground should I cut?

Any or all advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Ellie.

Old 19-06-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ellie Bentley

Janet and Sacha, thanks. No, I don't know which type of Blue Geranium
it is. You're making me think that I should just clip away the parts
which flop on top of other species and leave the rest be, though, I must
say, they do look rather untidy when "flopped"!

Ellie.

Floppy Crocus? Jim Lesurf United Kingdom 1 23-02-2005 11:29 AM
Floppy Roses Magwitch United Kingdom 0 10-07-2004 02:09 PM
Floppy Mexican Sage Fleemo Gardening 0 19-11-2003 10:32 AM
Floppy Elephant Ears Leanne Australia 0 21-08-2003 01:32 PM
Iceberg and Fabulous are floppy JimS. Roses 5 23-06-2003 10:20 PM