Old 19-06-2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default buying bulbophyllum

Susan Erickson wrote:
On 18 Jun 2006 14:50:33 -0700, "jorge" wrote:

I live in colombia, but i'm visiting NJ. can someone recomend species
of bulbophyllum to be cultivated at 6000 feet above sea level. Thanks

Your altitude is not as important as the way you will be growing. DO
you grow indoors, under lights, windows, or a greenhouse?

Since he is in Colombia and mentioned the altitude, I would guess that
he grows orchids outside. I think 6000 ft would be in the cloud forest
zone, so intermediate/cool growers would be indicated.

Nick