Old 19-06-2006, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Thomas Fairweather

Default I have a high hedge. 14ft leylandii

The hedge is 14ft high and 30ft long and I want it 7ft high
"Thomas Fairweather" wrote in message
Thats really cheap. How long did it take and how many were doing the job?
Did they use a platform or ladders because I have been told that a
platform will be needed and bee quoted £240 for a 30ft hedge.
"Jane" wrote in message
"Thomas Fairweather" wrote ...
I have a high hedge. Do I need a tree surgeon to cut it. It has been

trimmed
before it just needs trimming again. I have just moves here. Can a
general
gardening firm do this kind of job?

I recently had my leylandii hedge reduced in height. Trimmed off about 4
feet. I looked in the yellow pages for tree people rather than general
gardeners. It cost £60. Length of hedge is about 15 feet. They trimmed
both sides of the hedge, removed all debris and cleaned up afterwards.