Old 20-06-2006, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default I have a high hedge. 14ft leylandii

Phil L wrote:
Thomas Fairweather wrote:
The hedge is 14ft high and 30ft long and I want it 7ft high

They can do it from stepladders, they only need to get to around 6 ft
high....the biggest job is getting rid of all the offcuts, although there is
little weight in them, they are bulky....personally I'd get a handyman in if
you are not up for it yourself, I don't think a tree surgeon or gardener is
required considering it's already been topped.

Take your time choosing, there is no rush, as so as not to disturb
nesting birds they should not be cut until August anyway.