Old 20-06-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default OT - snails (not OT for urg).

sm_jamieson wrote:
I don't usually post off topic, but here we are.
I found a bush in my garden yesterday, like an everygreen but with
fairly flag foliage. And a friend who had come round said "have you
seen these snails ?". The bush had hundreds of snails crawling all over
the outside of it, from fully grown ones to tiny baby snails. I had
never seen such a thing. It looked like the portal for all the snails
in the world. Must have been the combination of weather (nearly about
to rain) and the surface of this bush that they could slither on. You
could even hear the snails eating (the bush ?), there were so many.
Anyone know what was going on ?

Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will
identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was
going on? If not, why not?

I've plenty of snails, too. They're having a smashing time.

FUs set.