Old 20-06-2006, 02:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default OT - snails (not OT for urg).

sm_jamieson wrote:
I don't usually post off topic, but here we are.
I found a bush in my garden yesterday, like an everygreen but with
fairly flag foliage. And a friend who had come round said "have you
seen these snails ?". The bush had hundreds of snails crawling all over
the outside of it, from fully grown ones to tiny baby snails. I had
never seen such a thing. It looked like the portal for all the snails
in the world. Must have been the combination of weather (nearly about
to rain) and the surface of this bush that they could slither on. You
could even hear the snails eating (the bush ?), there were so many.
Anyone know what was going on ?

Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will
identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was
going on? If not, why not?

I've plenty of snails, too. They're having a smashing time.

FUs set.
Old 20-06-2006, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default OT - snails

Chris Bacon wrote:

Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will
identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was
going on? If not, why not?

Yawn.

Self appointed moderator/net nanny steps in once more.

Perhaps folks here uk.d-i-y might not want to subscribe to
uk.rec.gardening to follow the thread. (me for one)

If you're not interested don't read it, but you have NO right to censor
anything in this group and have no say in what folks can and can-not
post. Leave that to the majority who will voice their disapproval as and
when required without intervention from a someone who thinks he can
speak on behalf of the masses.

HTH
Pete

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Old 20-06-2006, 04:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Bob Eager

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:53:47 UTC, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)"

wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

(crap as usual)

Self appointed moderator/net nanny steps in once more.

Just killfile him; I have. I only see his little ravings when people
quote them...
Old 20-06-2006, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will
identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was
going on? If not, why not?

Yawn. Self appointed moderator/net nanny steps in once more.

Not at all. Are you a complete 'kin idiot, 'cos you look like
one from your post - that was "constructive advice".

Perhaps folks here uk.d-i-y might not want to subscribe to
uk.rec.gardening to follow the thread. (me for one)

Perhaps it would have been better off started there.

If you're not interested don't read it, but you have NO right to censor
anything in this group and have no say in what folks can and can-not
post. Leave that to the majority who will voice their disapproval as and
when required without intervention from a someone who thinks he can
speak on behalf of the masses.

I'm not censoring anything. You really *are* a fool, aren't you?
Old 20-06-2006, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Janet Baraclough" wrote after Chris Bacon x posted what

sm_jamieson wrote:

It looked like the portal for all the snails
in the world.

Gardenbanter strikes again....

Nice one. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-06-2006, 10:36 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Bob Eager wrote:

Just killfile him; I have. I only see his little ravings when people
quote them...

Gone.
:¬)

First one in the file since... Philip Kyle
He'll be in good company

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Old 21-06-2006, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Chris Bacon wrote:

I'm not censoring anything. You really *are* a fool, aren't you?

"PLONK"

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.
Old 21-06-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

The Invalid wrote:
On 20 Jun 2006 18:03:11 +0200, Chris Bacon wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Have you actually bothered to *try* the gardening group, who will
identify your bush, and your snails, and give advice on what was
going on? If not, why not?
Yawn. Self appointed moderator/net nanny steps in once more.

I'm not censoring anything. You really *are* a fool, aren't you?

But not, apparently, as big a fool as yourself.
YOU are not an arbiter of where people can and cannot post

I did not tell him what he could or couldn't post. Your
comprehension is awry. Are you an invalid "upstairs"?