Old 20-06-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default buying bulbophyllum

Jorge,

There are several small miniature species from the highlands of Papua New
Guinea that grow cool to intermediate - investigate those online and make a
list.

Ecuador has a few species that grow well for us in San Francisco in an
intermediate greenhouse with lots of water.

We're at sea level, but our climate is more like 10,000-12,000 feet due to
the cold ocean currents right off the coast.

You will also have to make sure you buy from a vendor that provides CITES
export papers. That will be hard - most growers that I know do not provide
CITES - it's too much work.

Good luck!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"jorge" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in colombia, but i'm visiting NJ. can someone recomend species
of bulbophyllum to be cultivated at 6000 feet above sea level. Thanks