Old 20-06-2006, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jane

Default I have a high hedge. 14ft leylandii

"Thomas Fairweather" wrote
Thats really cheap. How long did it take and how many were doing the job?
Did they use a platform or ladders because I have been told that a

platform
will be needed and bee quoted £240 for a 30ft hedge.

I recently had my leylandii hedge reduced in height. Trimmed off about

4
feet. I looked in the yellow pages for tree people rather than general
gardeners. It cost £60. Length of hedge is about 15 feet. They

trimmed
both sides of the hedge, removed all debris and cleaned up afterwards.

There were two of them and they used ladders. It probably took them about 1
1/2 hours. I had quotes from 2 companies and they both quoted about the
same price for the job. Phone around and ask for free quotes. I've
previously had the trees chopped and that company used a scaffold type
platform (they also charged a lot more).