Old 20-06-2006, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Big

Default I have a high hedge. 14ft leylandii

For info

Check out http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg402.pdf clause 5.

Its down to the risk assesment as to whether ladders or towers are
used.

Even the guys who work for BT and use long ladders, have to tie the
top to the post, and also the bottom of the ladder has to be
restrained, normally another rope to the bottom of the post.

What do they do with the rubbish ?? tip it, recycle it, burn it or
just dump it.

There were two of them and they used ladders. It probably took them about 1
1/2 hours. I had quotes from 2 companies and they both quoted about the
same price for the job. Phone around and ask for free quotes. I've
previously had the trees chopped and that company used a scaffold type
platform (they also charged a lot more).