Old 20-06-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JB

Default Another mystery tree from France

La Puce wrote:
JB wrote:
I picked it up I think from a forest just outside of Paris (west).

Hmmmm... that doesn't help much. I lived in Fontainebleau for a while,
but then that doesn't help much either ))

Ailianthus leaf edges look smoother than on this mystery tree though

Yes. A walnut? Perhaps we ought to wait for flowers. A supposed you
haven't had any yet?

I've never had any flowers. My guess is it doesn't like southern
california weather. I also have a buck-eye (marronier) and it is
surving too despite the heat.