Old 21-06-2006, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com

Default Homemade Compost full of woodlice: ok 2 use in pots?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"George.com" writes:

| Woodlice generally eat dead leaves and plant material in the soil,
| shouldn't
| do any harm but an easy way to get rid of them is to spread out the
| compost
| and leave it dry out / get warmed by the sun. The woodlice will

depart.
| Paul D.
|
| and they (along with other beetles) also apparently help move

beneficial
| bacteria around compost piles. Very beneficial around compost.

Obligatory pedantry: they aren't beetles; they aren't even insects in
the modern sense; they are crustaceans.

thank you for your pedantic correction of my honest naivety. I was actually
searching for the term arthropods.

rob