Old 21-06-2006, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank

Default Question about weeds growing through cement

Vivek.M wrote:
Boiling water or salt ( rock salt ), but that's just stop gap. The darn
things will sprout again unless you eradicate the seeds and dig out the
root. Our backyard used to be filled with weeds ( parthenium ) when we
first moved in. I remember that my dad used to dig underground and pull
out huge nodules of weed root..Major pain..

If it's summer then try with really salty water..

Forget the salt and the vinegar. Both can corrode cement.
Get a small spray bottle of Round-Up or other total vegetation killer.
Frank