Old 16-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Laura Linz

Default rust algea

On 15 Feb 2003 00:40:11 -0800, (Sue Walsh) wrote:

Any other ideas?

Sue

Mom,
At this point, I'd go for the algaecide. Since you have no fish or
plants in the pond yet, you won't be harming anything, and I think
that if you try to clean it out manually, you probably won't get it
all. (Then it will definitely grow back!) I would use an algaecide,
and then clean it manually as best you can. Then I would use the UV
blocker dye to tint the water until you get some plant cover. Algae is
one thing, but this stuff is GROSS! Take no prisoners!
Cheers,
Laura