Old 21-06-2006, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Finding someone to clear a garden

Chris wrote:
This is a rather general question - but experts here may be able to
help.
Advice will be valued and appreciated.
How do you find a good person to completely clear a garden?
There is a lawn - and around it borders that are choked with weeds and
shrubs.
The idea is to remove all vegetation in the borders and extend the lawn
to the boundary.
I reckon there is about a hundred square metres to clear and remove
rubbish from.
How do you find good people to do these jobs?
People who are honest, reliable, and good at what they do?

There's many volunteers who would help - though expenses and food is
often appreciated. Why don't you approach CSV in your area. I was once
one of them but I was then in the media, not horticulture. You could
also check out your local colleges, especially if they do Land
Industries. I'm sure, there again, that with some expenses paid and
some food/refreshments, it would be an interesting project for them to
do.

Failing that, there's local gardeners. On average they take £10/£14
per hour. That's in my locallity. Where do you live and what do you
call 'rubbish'?