Old 22-06-2006, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwindu

Default Can compost go bad?

If these clippings are from your own lawn, why don't you use a mulching mower and
just leave them where they are cut? If you are removing them from the lawn to use

elsewhere, you are depleting the energy of the lawn and defeating your purpose.

Sherwin D.

James wrote:

I put grass clippings in plastic bags and age them a few years to make
wonderful compost.

FDR wrote:
I came across a clear plastic bag of compost that's probably a few years
old. Would it still be good. Instinct says yes, but I don't want to put it
around my plants and make them sick.