Old 22-06-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

Default Pond snails

Tony wrote:
Keep the snails, they wont harm plants or fish. They will keep algae
growth down and eat away at any weed attached to the liner etc

wrote:
Hello,

My last pond question! Our pond is full of snails. I think that snails
can reproduce on their own, which is why there are so many. Should I
live and let live or do I need to have a snail cull? Presumably they
will not leave the water and are not a threat to the rest of the
garden?

Thanks.

Perhaps not strictly legal, I don't know. But if you have a natural pond
near you collect a bucket of water then tip it into yours. chances are
you will soon have some water snails, and maybe other things. ;-)