Old 22-06-2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Neem for leafminers

Another great chemical. Be careful:
http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-pr...=1689%2d84%2d5

"cb" wrote in message
Thanks for all the suggestions. I finally got some "Merit" by Bayer.
Hopefully that will solve my boxwood leafminer troubles.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote
in message ...
"cb" wrote in message

What kind of systemic product did you use? Someone mentioned using
malathion, but we have dogs and an outdoor cat, so I was concerned about
the stuff getting in their eyes. Isn't Malathion highly poisonous? Right
now the leaves are blistering, and I suppose the eggs are beginning to
hatch. I am in zone 7, Virginia. I have done a little research on
boxwood leafminers, and know what they are and how they work, but just
don't have any experience with using systemics.

Malathion's great stuff:
http://www.scorecard.org/chemical-pr...ce_id=121-75-5