Old 22-06-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne & Angela

Default moving strawberries now?

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids
wouldnt reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it
will kill them.

Are you sure that the some********** isn't a bird?

We grow strawberries in a glasshouse and have just discovered that a
blackbird has taken a fancy to them and sits by the door waiting for it to
be opened!!

Jeanne

not unless the birds tend to take a complete stalk (is that the right term?)
of fruit at a time.
Thanks for the answers guys have moved them now so will see if it does them
any harm plenty of slug pellets surrounding them too .