Old 21-06-2006, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne & Angela

Default moving strawberries now?

Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids wouldnt
reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it will kill
them.

Old 21-06-2006, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dwayne & Angela writes
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids wouldnt
reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it will kill
them.

The main aim of any plant is to stay alive - don't worry!
If you move them with as little disturbance as possible to the soil
around the roots and take them straight from planter to ground, they'll
hardly notice.

Beware of slugs once they're in the ground.

--
Kay
Old 22-06-2006, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids
wouldnt reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it
will kill them.

Move the planter ?
jenny

Old 22-06-2006, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeanne Stockdale

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids
wouldnt reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it
will kill them.

Are you sure that the some********** isn't a bird?

We grow strawberries in a glasshouse and have just discovered that a
blackbird has taken a fancy to them and sits by the door waiting for it to
be opened!!

Jeanne

Old 22-06-2006, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of

our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids
wouldnt reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it
will kill them.

Are you sure that the some********** isn't a bird?

We grow strawberries in a glasshouse and have just discovered that a
blackbird has taken a fancy to them and sits by the door waiting for it to
be opened!!

Jeanne

and we grew them outside, well and truly netted ............. only to
discover that the dog could get under the netting and pinched the strawbs
very carefully one at a time ;-))))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 22-06-2006, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

Dwayne & Angela wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids

wouldnt
reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it will kill
them.

Place a couple of loaded mousetraps on top of them and wait evil

Old 22-06-2006, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne & Angela

" Jeanne Stockdale" wrote in message

"Dwayne & Angela" wrote in message
Is it ok to move strawberries now? I have some in a planter on top of our
fence but some ******** is nicking the fruit must be an adult, kids
wouldnt reach them. I want to move them to the ground but am worried it
will kill them.

Are you sure that the some********** isn't a bird?

We grow strawberries in a glasshouse and have just discovered that a
blackbird has taken a fancy to them and sits by the door waiting for it to
be opened!!

Jeanne

not unless the birds tend to take a complete stalk (is that the right term?)
of fruit at a time.
Thanks for the answers guys have moved them now so will see if it does them
any harm plenty of slug pellets surrounding them too .