Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
June Hughes

Default chamomile lawn

In article , Natalie
writes

Chamomile lawns are lovely but they are expensive to grow. I've bought a
few plants from a local garden nursery and think I paid between 99p and
£1.50 for them. I wanted them to cover a log seat but they have never
really taken off :-(

I have had varying success with camomile. After a huge failure, Chris
Boulby suggested I use fleece to over-winter it and this proved to be
successful, thanks to Chris's advice. However, camomile seems to be
very temperamental and - in my case - needs to be carefully watched.
Having said that, I planted some last year in a shallow aluminium
container and it is now thriving, despite Bas having dumped some solid
detergent from the kitchen drain in the pot. It is well worth the
effort. The smell is divine. Keep at it
--
June Hughes