Old 22-06-2006, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tom&barbara

Default Morning Glory - leaf problem?

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"tom&barbara" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

My much treasured Morning Glory's which are growing up some trellis
outside the back door appear to suddenly have a leaf problem.

It looks as though they have wind burn?? I only say this as we have
had this really cold wind the last few days. Is there such a thing?

The edges of some of the leaves have curled and have turned a very dark
green, looks as if the edges have dried out. The middle of the leaf
looks healthy and only a few leaves are affected. Before this the
plants were growing brilliantly and were very healthy looking and they
still are apart from the few leaves that are affected.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance - Gail :-)

It does sound like wind burn and Morning Glory is very susceptible.
Which one are you growing?

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I am relieved as it would have been such a shame to lose them when they
are doing so well.

I am growing Grandpa Ottis and Heavenly Blue together but in three's.
I have grown HB for the last two years and have been very successful as
they have been beautiful, but this year I decided to try two different
colours together. Grandpa Ottis are flowering already, however I
notice the flowers are quite a bit smaller than the HB but still
gorgeous. I also put Nemesia at the base of them. I think they will
be a picture when fully grown and in flower.

Gail :-)