Old 23-06-2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Elbrecht

Default Question about weeds growing through cement

wrote:
-snip-
I went to my local Home Depot's garden section and and they had several
kinds of weed killers for this type of thing, but I read the labels
and they all sounded very toxic.
They did say it was safe after the formula had dried, thouigh.
I have dogs so this obviously concerns me.
Anyone have any ideas on this?

-snip-

Get a weed *and grass* killer that also kills the seeds for several
months. In my area I treat once a year. I leave the dog inside for
a few hours.

$5 and 20 minutes work, once a year. Sure beats all the other things
I've tried- burning, weeding, boiling water, salt. . .

Jim