Old 23-06-2006, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cpemma

Default Plant ID please

Cat(h) wrote:
DavePoole Torquay wrote:
cpemma wrote:
http://www.cpemma.co.uk/flower1.html

TIA. Growing in South Yorkshire, hardy perennial?

As to its hardiness there's some variation, but you have Freesia
laxa - formerly known as Lapeyrousia or Anamatheca cruenta.

Is that in any way related to crocosmia/montbretia, or am I just
talking through my hat?
(and I would not exclude that possibility).

Cat(h)

They're all Iridaceae.

Certainly looks like the Anomatheca luxa, aka all the other names, in our
RHS A-Z. Must owe it's survival to being in a sheltered sunspot next to the
house wall, and two mild winters. And it's certainly in well-drained soil.

Thanks for the ID.