Old 23-06-2006, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Squeezeweasel

Default Glyphosphate accident

Just wanted to share my cack-handedness; I very carefully sprayed all
the ground elder a few weeks ago, and it's all died back. I was pretty
sure I'd avoided touching *everything* around it with the Roundup, but
it looks like I managed to (barely) splash the established honeysuckle
which was just coming into flower, and doing such a good job of hiding
our oil tank. It's dying horribly.

I'm really upset. I feel *intensely* stupid (and I was so, so careful,
being horribly aware of the dreadful potency of our friend Mr
Roundup)), and the honeysuckle was a lovely plant. Any ideas for a
replacement? I may go with another honeysuckle, but I'm open to
suggestions; I'm after a flowering climber, not Clematis Montana or
wisteria (we have both in that part of the garden already). Given that
this happened in the wanton destruction of an aggressively spreading
weed, I think I'll give Russian vine a miss too.

Still. At least the ground elder's been beaten. For now.

--
www.gastronomydomine.com