Old 24-06-2006, 06:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

Default Pavers

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:52:24 -0700, turftechs wrote:

I own a landscaping company in south jersey. Anyone have any tips on paver
stones or garden walls?

Good day.
I'm Timothy of Yard Works Gardening Co. of Bellingham Wa. For pavers and
walls you must have a good base with proper drainage. Remember the brick
layers law, one over two and two over one. To be quite honest, you need to
go the book store and invest in in some good books. Tips just won't hack
it if your trying to be professional.

I looked at your web site and I have a word of caution for you about your
"playground service".
http://www.turftechs.com/tt/services/playground.cfm

I manage a playground (private school) and there are lots of regulations
about them. I'm unsure what New Jersey has as far as playground
regulations, but I would suggest that you look into them. The materials
that you use, rubber mulch and railroad ties are toxic and not rated for
playground use in Washington state. Diamond edging is dangerous as is all
cement edging. Treated lumber is also not rated for playground use. This
is ofcourse for Washington state commercial/public playgrounds. Your
advertising a safe playground, I would suggest that you go with the state
aproved materials. If you built a playground and someone go hurt, you
would be sued.

-
http://www.ywgc.com