Old 23-06-2006, 05:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
turftechs

Default Pavers

I own a landscaping company in south jersey. Anyone have any tips on
paver stones or garden walls?

Thanks,
Turf Techs Lawn Care
http://www.turftechs.com/tt/

Old 23-06-2006, 09:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bill

Yhea, it's called a sub-contractor..

--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.
ps.com...

Old 24-06-2006, 06:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Timothy

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:52:24 -0700, turftechs wrote:

I own a landscaping company in south jersey. Anyone have any tips on paver
stones or garden walls?

Good day.
I'm Timothy of Yard Works Gardening Co. of Bellingham Wa. For pavers and
walls you must have a good base with proper drainage. Remember the brick
layers law, one over two and two over one. To be quite honest, you need to
go the book store and invest in in some good books. Tips just won't hack
it if your trying to be professional.

I looked at your web site and I have a word of caution for you about your
"playground service".
http://www.turftechs.com/tt/services/playground.cfm

I manage a playground (private school) and there are lots of regulations
about them. I'm unsure what New Jersey has as far as playground
regulations, but I would suggest that you look into them. The materials
that you use, rubber mulch and railroad ties are toxic and not rated for
playground use in Washington state. Diamond edging is dangerous as is all
cement edging. Treated lumber is also not rated for playground use. This
is ofcourse for Washington state commercial/public playgrounds. Your
advertising a safe playground, I would suggest that you go with the state
aproved materials. If you built a playground and someone go hurt, you
would be sued.

-
http://www.ywgc.com

Old 25-06-2006, 07:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mary Beth

"Timothy" wrote :
I would suggest that you go with the state
aproved materials.

If you built a playground and someone go hurt, you
would be sued.

Big time!!!
My g/f's daughter fell off her 'schoolyard' ladder at the playground, they
had macadam!
Big no-no. This little gal wound up with seizures for many years, and wound
up going from honor student to special classes.
BUT, she now has plenty of money to buy her own home, car and go to college,
AND just play the rest of her life, with no job!

Be *very* careful, there, wether it's public or private.

MaryBeth
Kansas

Old 25-06-2006, 08:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
ed

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:52:24 -0700, turftechs wrote:

I own a landscaping company in south jersey. Anyone have any tips on

paver
stones or garden walls?

Good day.
I'm Timothy of Yard Works Gardening Co. of Bellingham Wa. For pavers and
walls you must have a good base with proper drainage.

I second that; good base & proper drainage.

I recently did a driveway addition with 'turfstone' pavers.
This shows the overall job:
http://www.turbinefun.com/articlePic...urfStone-1.jpg
More details: http://www.turbinefun.com/MyTurbinePoweredBoat-3.asp