Old 24-06-2006, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Russel Sprout

Default What to do with redcurrants

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
This year for the first time ever I've got round to netting my
redcurrants which means that I've got a bumper crop.

The trouble is I'm a bit stuck for ways of using them. I'd like some
ways that are reasonably healthy, i.e. without having to use loads of
sugar. I guess with honey and yogurt would be worth trying. Any other
ideas?

Janet G

Redcurrants make great red wine, which I hear is healthy in moderation.

Substitute for tamarind or lemon in indian cooking.

Souse in rum/brandy for a winter liqueur, less healthy, but worth it.