Old 24-06-2006, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Propagating fuschias

I have an uncommon fuchsia called Sheila Mary (obtained in memory of my dear
mother-in-law who passed away 2 years ago). My father propagates many types
of fuchsia for his hanging baskets but had no luck taking cuttings from this
variety.

I found Sheila Mary in a nursery in Leeds but cannot remember where exactly.
So I cannot ask them for advice. Can anyone suggest a way that I may be
able to take successful cuttings? I would like to put one over my dad ;-)

I am sure that there are proper ways to take cutting but I have almost
always succeded this way, take a piece of preferbably none flowering
fuchsia, about 5/6" long, cut across the bottom just under a leaf joint
and put it into water, roots will soon apear, when there is a good root
system plant it up and bobs your uncle. All I know is that it works for
me.

good luck

kate