Old 25-06-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default radishes

In article ,
"William L. Rose" wrote:

In article ,
Vivek.M wrote:

http://umassk12.net/~plant9/index_files/frame.htm

Nice use of pedagogy, however the question was about maximizing the
gastronomical diameter of the little sucker and not germination, though
it was a nice slide show. I could almost see my seeds germinating in
mid-air as they plummeted into my garden. A couple of days later, there
were little leaves poking-up where the seeds had been deposited.

Steve, of course I planted them too closely, for the most part. I made a
couple of pre-emptive thinnings but it still wasn't enough. Even the
radishes that had no immediate neighbors came up scrawny. The soil is
probably over watered but not soggy. You can't squeeze water out of it.

Shazzbat, I think I can find something eles to grow if all I'm going to
get be strings. I just thought that radishes would make a nice condiment
for our salads.

You know, my Mom always had that blind spot. What's more, I've never
understood how my Mom could have met sooo many people. I got people
calling me a S.O.B. all the time and I find it hard to belive that she
met all of them.

Thanks y'all, but I think I'm gonna find me something else to grow.

If you like radish, you could always try daikon...... :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson