Old 26-06-2006, 05:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Ledford

Default How to weed tree wells?

wrote:

But wouldn't Roundup kill the soil also? I heard it can kill anything.
What do u mean by landscape felt? BTW, here are the pics of my tree
wells. The first 2 pics are the tree wells and the last pic is the
shrubs and bushes in front of my house. Thanks.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture001.jpg

from my observation of the above picture you got wire
grass. a fast moving runner type of grass and a first
cousin to Bermuda grass. selective herbicides will not
touch it. so, if herbicide is going to be your choice
then a very weak mix of RoundUp® applied very carefully
is going to be the easiest fix. make several applications
once a week until you see yellowing in the undesirable grass.
wet a paper or cloth with the RoundUp® and wipe the grass for
a highly controlled application.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture002.jpg
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Picture003.jpg

I do the landscaping in several yards and the following is my
mama's front yard. the lawn is the result of several selective
herbicide applications at the appropriate time during the year.
each flower bed was weeded to a depth of six inches, dirt sifted
through a wire screen, leveled, planted with bedding plants,
covered with landscaping fabric and then mulched with 3 inches
of mulch. I won't be bothered by weeds in the flower beds at my
mama's house this year unless grass cut-boy allows the lawn to go
to seed and then allows side discharge mower to spray the flower
beds. his head goes on a stick at the end of the driveway if he
does. g

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t...scapelawn.html

I am a firm believer in, the amount of enjoyment one obtains
from their endeavor is a result of the work and effort they
put into the endeavor.

Mike Robinson wrote:
Selective use of roundup. Landscape felt under the mulch would help too.