Old 26-06-2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz

Default Suprise Tenant

sherwindu said:

Looked up today and spotted a nest at the top of one of my larger
semi-dwarf apples. There was a 'robin size' black colored bird sitting in it,
but I did not approach closely to verify the species. I'm sure the nest is
rather new, say within the last two weeks, or so. Question is should I try
moving the nest, or just let it be?

Let it be. The bird family will be gone before long. Most songbirds
will incubate less than 2 weeks and the babies will leave the nest maybe
10 or 11 days after hatching.

(attributed to Don Marti)