Old 26-06-2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Freckles

Default Suprise Tenant

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Looked up today and spotted a nest at the top of one of my larger
semi-dwarf
apples. There was a 'robin size' black colored bird sitting in it, but I
did
not approach closely to verify the species. I'm sure the nest is rather
new,
say within the last two weeks, or so. Question is should I try moving the
nest,
or just let it be? The tree is a Hudson Golden Gem with apples that
should be
ready for picking in September. I will have to go in there at that time
to pick
the apples. If I chase away the mother bird now, and move the nest to
some
other high place like the top of my shed, will she find the nest again and
not
desert it?

Sherwin D.

Why do you want to move the nest?

They will be gone long before time for you to pick your apples.

If you attempt to move the nest now most birds will simply desert it.