Old 26-06-2006, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default Suprise Tenant

sherwindu wrote in
:

Looked up today and spotted a nest at the top of one of my
larger semi-dwarf apples. There was a 'robin size' black
colored bird sitting in it, but I did not approach closely
to verify the species. I'm sure the nest is rather new,
say within the last two weeks, or so. Question is should I
try moving the nest, or just let it be? The tree is a
Hudson Golden Gem with apples that should be ready for
picking in September. I will have to go in there at that
time to pick the apples. If I chase away the mother bird
now, and move the nest to some other high place like the
top of my shed, will she find the nest again and not desert
it?

no. and she & her chicks will be long gone before the apples
are ready, so don't worry about it.

lee
--
war is peace