Old 26-06-2006, 04:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steve

Default Zoysia Lawn

(Chet Hayes) wrote in
om:

Why anyone concerned with -30 temps would want Zoysia is beyond me. A
neighbor here at the NJ shore has it. Their lawn turns brown in Oct
and looks like hell all fall, winter and half of spring. It stays
that way till late May. My tall fescue/blue grass looks spectacular
in the fall and stays a deep green usually into January. It greens up
again in early April.

Plus it's aggressive and will spread everywhere, including beds,
driveways, etc.

"farmer brown" wrote in message
Zoysia is great! Put in the plugs and your will have a thick green
yard in 2-3 growing seasons. You should only have to water the first
year. its good to
-30 degrees. go for it.

"MH" wrote in message
Does anyone have any information or knowledge of the Zoysia Lawn
"plugs" that are advertised in the Family Handyman magazines??

I'm building a new house this year and I was thinking of planting
that

type
of lawn.

Thanks for any input.

It's a weed!! Why would one want a yard full of weeds and call it grass?